Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Riley's Prayer

     Monday was a good day for Riley.   He gradually improved throughout the day allowing the nurses to lower his oxygen and dopamine levels.  I just called now (5:15 am, Tuesday) and his nurse said she has been able to ween him even more throughout the night because his blood gases are continuing to look good.  He is also giving good diapers which is helping his swelling go down little by little. 
    He is not on the paralytic now and yesterday he was squeezing our fingers and moving his feet around a lot actually.  He's got a strong grip for a little baby who's fighting for his life.  When I start to pull my finger away he holds on tight and pulls it back.  It's so cute. 
    Maybe a week after he was born, my mom brought me this prayer.  It's Riley's prayer to God.  I love reading it and thought you might like to as well.
   
Dear God,

I have a request to make.
Just a moment of your time it will take
You see, my parents, are heartbroken and sad,
and they prayed to you with all they had.

Could you just hug them and remind them you care,
as they are wishing I was at home, not here.
This time is confusing, unlike how they pictured it would be.
But I want them to know that you take care of me.

Although I am sleeping in this little bed,
And I am often too tired to raise my little head,
please remind them that I know they did their very best.
And that at night I am protected as I sleep on your chest.

They think I am so lonely when they are away,
and if I could tell them, I would say

I know this is hard, and God understands,
But just know He has never let go of my hand.
He is always with me, like He is with you,
and all this has purpose too.

And God, while I am in the temporary NICU home,
I just want them to know I have never been alone.


Thank you God for always taking care of our little family.

Proverbs 3:5-6
Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight.

The path I had foreseen for Riley has been altered, this verse reminds me that although things may not turn out the way you had planned...it's okay because God has a better plan in mind.  I may have difficuly understanding what the plan is now, but I don't need to understand, I just need to trust God.

1 comment:

  1. Thank You Father for sharing with us our little Princess, Kelley, that has grown into the Queen of Her own family and is sharing her experiences in the Many Membered Body of Christ.

    Thank You Father for Craig being the husband and dad you planned for him.

    Thank You Father for Riley Being the Inspiration That is Transforming Lives as a Light that Shines as Heaven / Spirit swallows up all out of balance spirits, nature in the earth / body of Your Perfect Holy Design and Purpose of the Spirit, Soul / Mind and Body of The True God.

    Thank You Father

    ReplyDelete