Wednesday, February 1, 2012

3 weeks old today!

     Riley is three weeks old today!  We just got an update from the nurse and she said he's doing good.  He is starting to make noise, to me it sounds like Chewbacca.  Craig says it's more of an Ewok noise.  Nevertheless, Riley is imitating some sort of Star Wars character because of the tube down his throat.  It's great to hear sound coming from my son. 
     The doctors have made no major changes to him the last few days, just letting him be and continue to recover.  The nurses have been able to lower his oxygen level to as low as 45%, sometimes they have to increase the level if they have to draw blood or do anything that disturbs him.  I learned yesterday that we all breathe 21% oxygen so that is as low as they will go on the machine.  This does not mean, however, that he won't need help breathing.  His lungs are still developing and the ventilators help him inflate his lungs as he breathes. 
     Below are a few verses about children.  Craig and I are blessed because every little new thing Riley does is special and we thank God for it.  We will not take anything for granted, we will cherish every moment with Riley.  So even when your child is throwing up all over you, spilling their juice on your carpet, or just irritating you to no end, please remember that your child is a gift from God. 

Psalm 112:2  My children are blessed and will be mighty in the land.

Psalm 127:3  My children are a reward and gift from the Lord, and I will enjoy them.

Psalm 138:8  My children will fulfill God's will and purpose for their lives.

1 comment:

  1. im so excited Riley is "talking"! Well, addison did not spill juice on my carpet, she sprayed her bedroom carpet and comforter with hot pink edible cupcake spray paint. So thank you for reminding me that she is a gift from God! I definitely need to keep that in mind always! I love you and look forward to your next entry.
    love,
    les

    ReplyDelete