Monday, February 13, 2012

Anything is possible with God on your side

     There are many stories in the bible where we learn anything is possible with God.  Peter walking on the water, David defeating Goliath, Daniel surviving the lion's den, etc.  I've been thinking about these stories a lot lately.  I say to myself that just like Peter walked on the water, Riley will be healed.  Even though Riley's condition is critical and he's a very sick little baby, God can heal him.  I also think that this is Riley's Goliath moment and ours too.  We must have faith on the good days and bad that God will take care of Riley and he will come home with us one day.
     Friday and Saturday were good days for Riley, especially Saturday.  Saturday they lowered settings on a few medicines and his oscillator, things were going well.  Yesterday, however, he had a set back.  The doctors believe he might have a new infection so they took some blood cultures yesterday.  It will take a couple days for us to get the results.  Riley started to "desat", meaning his vitals were dropping, they uped his oxygen and raised his oscillator settings.  He did not respond well to the changes for awhile, but his last couple blood gases were good.  His urine output decreased again as well. 
     It's difficult for Riley to recover and get well for several reasons, which are all intertwined.  I was going to list all of the reasons but I don't want to put it out there like I'm accepting it.  Just please pray for all of his bodily functions to work together as God designed.  We appreciate you so much for praying.  It's very difficult to watch your child fight for his life everyday.  I can't even describe in words how painful it is at times.  I just do my best to pray when I'm feeling down and repeat scriptures over and over again.  We are not going to let Satan enter our hearts or minds.  We must fight back with the word of God and our faith.  My friend, Celest, said it best...she said we are high priority for Satan right now.  I have never felt so attacked in my life and he's messing with my child which is so not cool.  We are standing firm in our faith that God has defeated Satan and is healing Riley. 

"37 Nothing is impossible for God.” (Luke 1:37, CEB)
 
26 Jesus looked at them carefully and said, “It’s impossible for human beings. But all things are possible for God.” (Matthew 19:26, CEB)
 
23 Jesus said to him, “‘If you can do anything’? All things are possible for the one who has faith.” (Mark 9:23, CEB)
   

No comments:

Post a Comment