Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Love

     In the spirit of Valentine's Day, I am going to write about love.  You experience many different kinds of love throughout your life.  We use the word love a lot to describe how we feel about things.  I love that food, I love that store, I love that movie.  Maybe we are using it too much and trivialising the true meaning of love.  I just looked up the definition of love on the web dictionary and there are so many various definitions.  The bible mentions love many times.  So now you are expecting me to attach 1 Corinthians 13 so you can read, Love is patient, love is kind, etc.  I will attach this verse instead "For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish, but have eternal life." (John 3:16
     This is the example of true love.  God loves us so much that he sent his son Jesus to save us from ourselves and satan.  Even though we are sinners and do not live as God intended, he saved us anyway.  This is love.  Unconditional, pure, never failing love.  This is how God wants us to love each other, but so often do not.  Love is an action, a choice.  It's loving someone even when they hurt you or let you down.   In Matthew, Jesus talks about love in the commandments: 34 When the Pharisees heard that Jesus had left the Sadducees speechless, they met together. 35 One of them, a legal expert, tested him. 36 “Teacher, what is the greatest commandment in the Law?” 37 He replied, “You must love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your being,[c] and with all your mind. 38 This is the first and greatest commandment. 39 And the second is like it: You must love your neighbor as you love yourself.[d] 40 All the Law and the Prophets depend on these two commands.” (Matthew 22:34-40, CEB) 
     I believe I have found true love with Craig.  I love him unconditionally, I may get annoyed with him at times, but the love never goes away.  I make the choice to love him even if he gets on my nerves or doesn't act they way I think he should.  Love is looking past all those things.  I love Riley the same, I love him so much it is indescribable.  I would do anything for Riley and Craig.  I hope that you have love in your life.  Even if you do not have someone here on earth you truly love or that truly loves you, you do have a heavenly father who loves you more than anyone here on earth can.  Turn to him, he will show you love.  God is love after all.
     Riley is still fighting and being a strong boy.  He had some ups and downs today.  The doctor says Riley's labs are doing better nutrition wise so the doctor is going to try some new formulas to add amino acids and other things Riley needs.  Riley's diapers have been good the whole day.  He had some trouble tonight with his gases, the nurses adjusted his vent tube to help with that. 
     We have asked our family and friends and I will ask you now to please pray for Riley to receive and accept breast milk soon.  This has been weighing on my heart the past few days, I feel like they need to try to feed him again.  Riley did really well with breast milk the very first time and was receiving it until the infection a couple weeks ago. Please pray that when they do try again, Riley will accept the nourishment and that his body will grow stronger.  

Happy Valentine's Day

1 comment:

  1. Thank You Kelley.
    Thank You FatherSpirtiSonChristSoulHolySpiritBody.

    Thank You Father for Calling, Drawing, Dragging, Attracting, Pulling US to Concentrate on Your LoveSpiritSoulBody.

    Thank You FatherSpirit SonChristSoul HolySpiritBody

    ReplyDelete