Thursday, January 19, 2012

Journal Entry 1/16/12

Before starting the blog, I kept a journal.  This is the entry from 1/16.  Enjoy.

     Riley James Monteith was born on January 11, 2012.  His early arrival was unexpected but a wonderful surprise.  God has a different plan for Riley than most other children but we are trusting in Our Father that he knows best.  We know that Riley will grow strong in his new home.  As parents, Craig and I will be there for him always.  We continually pray and believe that God's presence is surrounding Riley and running through his body and ours. 
    His special new home was very hard to see and comprehend at first for me, but as my wonderful husband has said many times, it is a miracle that these highly educated and gifted doctors and nurses can create an artificial womb for him so he can continue to develop.  The first few moments with Riley for me were difficult, I wanted to apologize to him for not keeping him safe longer.  Once I was able to touch is little hand, however, I could feel our connection and I know he knows I did everything I could.  When Craig and I are both holding his hands, the power is amazing.  I feel like we are one unit, with one spirit.  It's the best feeling in the world. 
  God created Riley and brought him into this earth early for a reason.  It is not for us to question or be angry that things did not go "by the book".  God seems to be constantly changing the plans that I've tried to make in my life, so I'm done with that.  God is in control at all times.  He will lead our family down the path He has chosen for us.  He led me to Craig which has been the best blessing I could ask for and now giving us Riley is the greatest gift ever.  I am in awe of Riley as he fights for his life, he gives me courage and strength.

No comments:

Post a Comment