Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Faith

     "Amazing" is how Dr. McIntyre described Riley's recovery this morning.  Yet another medical professional who has been amazed by our son.  Craig and I make sure we tell them each time we get a good report, which is almost always, that we are praying and believing in God that Riley will be a healthy boy. 
     Riley weighed 3 lbs 4 oz this morning.  The doc said this is good because now he weighs close to what would be expected of a baby born at 27 weeks.  He is continuing to look less swollen everyday and now his color is looking better too.  He has been anything from dark brown to deep red because of the amount of blood transfusions he has received.  Now, his hands and feet are beginning to turn pink. 
     His bilirubin level went down on his last test so the liver is doing its job a little better.  He also is receiving twice the amount of milk per hour than he did yesterday.  He now receives 2 ccs/hr.  Please continue to pray for the milk supply!  He is digesting the food well as he had two more poopy diapers today.  Still haven't witnessed one yet, he seems to only do this early in the morning.  His parents are NOT friends of the morning.  I know, I know...once Riley comes home we will have to learn to love the morning.  Or at least pretend to for Riley's sake. 
     They lowered his oxygen level to 35% today after we were there for awhile.  His vitals always improve when we are there.  Especially his blood pressure, it usually  will gradually increase every time.  He knows his mommy and daddy are there and that we love him dearly.  He loves us back too!  Oh I can't wait to hold him, we haven't asked when that might happen.  We know they have to take out the line that is in his left wrist to do so, but have no idea a time frame.  I don't want to know the time frame, whenever that day comes I will be ecstatic and probably cry like a baby. 
    I had an accomplishment of my own today, I went without a wheelchair the entire day.  Like I said before, it's a long walk from the valet entrance to Nicu III.  We figured out a shorter route and now I am wheelchair free.  Craig is enjoying this as well, I was getting pretty spoiled with him wheeling me around everywhere.  I think he enjoyed it a little bit since he was taking care of me.  I walked by myself to the restroom a few times which gave Craig alone time with Riley.  I know Craig enjoys this and Riley does too.  They are going to have a really strong bond, I just know it.
     I went to the restroom shortly after Dr. McIntyre gave us such a good report this morning and I just thanked God the whole trip.  I felt like I was smiling from ear to ear I was so happy.  I feel so lucky that God chose me to be Riley's mom.  I am lucky enough to see first hand the miraculous works of God.  I have never been so happy in all my life, which is strange because of our situation.  Logically, you would think this would be the worst time in my life, but that is so far from the truth.  I am excited as to what the future holds for my family and where God will lead us. 
     One of my friends on facebook told me today that my faith was amazing.  Faith is a must have in situations like this.  Craig and I have to remind ourselves daily to "keep the faith".  When you let your mind wander into the place of negativity and doubt, that eats at your soul and you start to slip away from God and his greatness.  There are many stories in the bible where God has proven he can do anything.  Jesus performed many miracles here on earth and he is performing one right now in our son Riley.  Faith is a powerful fruit of the spirit.  It is proven here, 51 So Jesus answered and said to him, “What do you want Me to do for you?” The blind man said to Him, “Rabboni, that I may receive my sight.”
52 Then Jesus said to him, “Go your way; your faith has made you well.” And immediately he received his sight and followed Jesus on the road. (Mark 10:51-52, NKJV). 
Our faith is healing Riley.  We have asked and he has answered.  Thank you God!

*So as I am about to publish this entry, we get a call from the hospital.  The nurse practitioner says that they had to put in a chest tube because a problem was discovered in one of his lungs.  Apparently, at some point this evening there was a small perforation in his lung that caused a collapse.  Please pray for further development and healing in Riley's lungs.  We have faith God will hear all of our prayers. 

1 comment:

  1. Thank you Father for Riley's Perfect lungs. Thank you God that Father describes the perfect invisible Spirit that forms and manifest through our soul and body. We receive the perfect SpiritSoulBody health of Riley James Monteith.
    Thank you FatherSpiritSoulBody.

    ReplyDelete