Friday, January 20, 2012

Another great day

  We started the day off with a phone call to the nurse.  You can call pretty much call 24/7 and talk directly to the nurse that is taking care of Riley that day.  This is so nice and convenient.  Everyone in the niccu is so caring and will do anything to help Riley and us.  The phone call was positive with good reports on his breathing as well as urine output. 
   The urine is important because when Riley was born he was very swollen due to nonimmune hydrops.  This caused him to retain way too much fluid, but as time passes on, the fluid is being released and Riley is much less swollen.  Normally, you would want the baby to plump up, but as I've said before, Riley is special and God has chosen a different path for him. 
   We were amazed again at how his features are becoming more and more visible.  His hands look awesome and the pads of his feet are getting all wrinkly.  When we visited tonight, my mom mentioned you could now make out his wrists and ankles.  His perfect body is being revealed before our eyes.  Praise God! 
    He had a surgical procedure that went well today, they put in a central line to help him receive his meds and nutrition.  This will replace most of the lines that were running through his belly button.  We gave permission for the surgery around 1 pm and were told he would be in surgery sometime after 2:30 pm.  Craig and I ate lunch and visited with Grandma and Grandpa Branham during this time.  I love to see my grandparents with my son.  I know they love him so much and are proud of him like we are.  Craig and I were in the niccu waiting room for awhile and I was reclining in one of their nice chairs.  My body wanted me to go to sleep so bad, I was nodding off and waking up what seemed like every minute waiting for a report.  I'm sure if other people were in there that would have been a funny sight to see.  It was such a relief when the doctor gave us the good news, Dr. Bloss is such a blessing.  He said Riley is a little trooper and calls him his little buddy.  He gives us great comfort. 
   The most exciting new thing today was watching him move!  He moved his little hands and feet, and later on tonight we even saw his eyes and mouth moving.  Daddy was tickling his feet and Riley was responding.  Gigi (my mom) gave him a leg massage and he loved it.  He was moving his little feets around while she was doing it.  His left eye was just slightly open, I can't wait until we can make eye contact and he can finally see who has loved him so much from the moment I saw the two pink lines.  I know that moment is rapidly approaching as I also know that many other victories are on the horizon.  I praise God for all that he is doing and for all that will be done.
   God can do anything, if you are struggling with something or have doubts in your life, please take a moment to ask God to help you deal with the obstacle.  God can and will help you if you believe. 

Matthew 17:20 He replied, "Because you have so little faith.  Truly I tell you, if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to the mountain, 'Move from here to there,' and it will move.  Nothing will be impossible for you."

No comments:

Post a Comment